Friday, July 11, 2014

Agates, Geodes and Druzies... OH MY!

I personally have a thing for all things agate... so it's no surprise when you see my online store full of agate coasters, agate necklaces, druzy charms and geode rings.

What I love most about these gemstones is that they come in almost every color you can think of!  Some of my more recent pieces - the druzy rings - feature many different vibrant colors.





Not only can we wear these beauties, but I've found myself sprinkling my apartment with agate decor - like the agate coasters I have up on my website to large slabs of agate bookends.  They add a touch of modern chic to our very traditional SF apartment.



Geodes on the other hand... I've had an obsession with those ever since I was a little girl.  I got my very first geode from (believe it or not...) Knott's Berry Farm - yup!  They had a neat little shop where you could pick out your own geode rock to have cut open and wallah!  This very unassuming ordinary rock housed a field of sparkly goodness.  Of course after having witnessed this as a kid, I tried cracking open just about every large rock after that in search of a sparkly crystallized center.  Much to my dismay, I never found any in my parents' backyard.

All grown up now, and I'm still playing with gems and stones!  However, now I don't need to go searching in my backyard for these beauties to create some fun pieces.  Lucky me!

I hope you enjoy all of the fun new additions!

XO, Katie

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to visiting your blog again. Thank you for sharing with us!Its is really necessary to clean and protect jewelry to maintain their look and shine , follow me :best jewelry cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stones. I want to buy jewelry for my next daith piercing made from stone. Khrystyna from Piercee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, You are providing good knowledge. It is really helpful and factual information for us and everyone to increase knowledge. Continue sharing your data. Thank you.Diamond rings price in Saudi Arabia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will share it with my other friends as the information is really very useful. Keep sharing your excellent work. wholesale clothes Europe

    ReplyDelete